senior peer counselling
Senior Peer Counselling (SPC) is a province-wide program developed based on the belief that when seniors are experiencing worry, frustration and loss they prefer to talk to other seniors who may have similar life experiences.
Volunteer Richmond's Senior Peer Counsellors complete an 54-hour training program before they are affiliated with the Senior Peer Counsellors of BC and begin counselling others.
This one-on-one service is offered at no charge to Richmond seniors. A referral is not required for this service.
- Sessions usually take place in the client’s own home
- Sessions may also take place at the Volunteer Richmond office
- Clients are screened by the Program Coordinator to determine if the person is appropriate for volunteer counselling
- Sessions are once a week for an hour
- Clients are seen for up to 6 months
- From this service, referrals can be made to other services
To access this free service please call 604-279-7020 or email email@example.com.
Want to volunteer?
We are now accepting applications for SPC volunteers. Training will run from September 26 to December 5, 2014 (venue TBA). To apply, please email or call Carol Dickson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-279-7020.
|Funding Provided By || |