become a member
Our team at Volunteer Richmond connects people with volunteer opportunities that will strengthen our community. We also help non-profit organizations better manage their volunteer resources by sharing best practices and offering workshops and training sessions in volunteer management.
2013-14 Online Membership Renewal (New!)
All Volunteer Richmond memberships will expire on March 31, 2013! Luckily, renewing your membership is easier than ever before, because you can now do it online. Simply follow the instructions in the VRIS Members-Only Area of our Workshop Registration Centre and you'll be good to go for the upcoming year. Need a reminder of the benefits you'll receive? Just check the list below!
Benefits of Membership for Non-Profit Organizations
Volunteer Recruitment and Promotion
- Unlimited postings on the Volunteer Richmond! online database – receives approximately 1,600 position views per month from potential volunteers
- Promoting your organization and volunteer positions through our information network
Development and Training for Staff and Volunteers
- Member discounts on VRIS workshops, training series and leadership conferences
- Loan privileges for resources such as videos, books and manuals from the VRIS Resource Library
- Member discounts on specialized consultation services for your volunteer program
Information and Updates on Volunteerism and the Non-Profit Sector
- E-Connections, our electronic newsletter, keeping you up-to-date on the volunteer sector
- Networking opportunities with other non-profit professionals
Click here for a complete list of member benefits.
Click here for an organization membership application form.
Benefits of Membership for Individuals
- Discount rates for VRIS training workshops and special events including the annual Volunteers are Stars Gala Dinner & Awards held in December
- Subscription to our E-Connections newsletter, sent electronically every six weeks
- Invitations to networking events with other members from the non-profit sector
- Loan privileges for VRIS Resource Library materials
- Resources from the Child Care Resource & Referral Centre (CCRR) including: member discounts on specialized training opportunities; loan privileges at the CCRR library, for resources such as videos, books and manuals; and the CCRR newsletter (upon request)
- Voting rights at the VRIS Annual General Meeting
Click here for an individual membership application form.
Child Care Resource & Referral Centre Membership
If you're a child care provider or a parent and would like to become a member of only our Child Care Resource & Referral Centre, please complete a CCRR membership application form. As a member, you'll receive discounts on early childhood education workshops and training courses; be able to borrow items from the CCRR lending library, including books, felt stories, and theme boxes; and have the CCRR's world famous electronic newsletter, Child Care Connections, delivered straight to your inbox four times a year.